Pahela Boishakh is the first day of Bengali New Year. Special traffic measures have been taken by Dhaka Metropolitan Police’s Traffic Division to ensure smooth traffic on this day.
Roads where traffic is closed:
1. Banglamotor-Hotel Intercontinental-Shahbagh-TSC-Doyal Chatwar
2. Hotel Intercontinental-Kakrail-Matsya Bhavan-Kadam Foara
3. Matsya Bhavan-Shahbagh-Kantaban
4. Shaheed Minar-TSC
Diversions and road blocks at points centered around Ramna Park and Suhrawardy Park
Banglamotor Crossing, Paribagh Crossing, Navy Admission Information Centre, Shahbagh Crossing, Moghbazar Crossing, Minto Road Crossing, Officers Club Crossing, Kakrail Church Crossing, ACC Lane, Shilpakala Academy Lane, Carpet Lane, Matsya Bhavan Crossing, Segunbagicha, Kadam Foara Crossing , Doel Chatwar Crossing, Shivbari Crossing, DU Medical Crossing, Jagannath Hall Crossing, Vaskarya Crossing, Neelkhet Crossing, Kantaban Crossing, Aziz Super Market Alley, BCS Administration Gap, Sakura Alley, Sabzi Bagan Crossing, Police Bhavan Crossing, Sugandha Crossing, UBL Crossing , Government Employees Hospital Crossing and Shahidullah Hall Crossing.
Parking space for the vehicles of people attending the function
1. From Navy Admission Information Center to Holy Family Hospital
2. Zero Point to UBL Abdul Ghani Road
3. Segunbagicha (law enforcement vehicles) from Matsya Bhavan
4. Shilpakala Academy Goli (Law Enforcement Vehicle)
5. Sugandha to Officers Club (VIP Car & Media Car Parking)
6. From thorn forest to blue field to Palashi
7. From Doyal Square to Shahidullah Hall
On this day, Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP) sought the full cooperation of the city dwellers, vehicle owners and workers to implement the traffic control system and maintain order in traffic, avoid traffic jams and make public transportation smooth and safe.