Israel launched another airstrike in the Palestinian Gaza Strip early Monday morning. As a result, several explosions were reported in Gaza. However, there was no immediate information about casualties in the attack.
The Israeli military said it targeted an underground factory containing raw materials used to make Hamas rockets. The army also said the attack was carried out in response to rockets fired from Gaza into Israel on Saturday. However, no Palestinians have commented on the alleged rocket launch.
Meanwhile, the Palestinian Red Crescent said one person was killed in an Israeli army operation in Nablus in the occupied West Bank, the latest in violence over the past year.
The Israeli army has not commented on the operation in Nablus. The operation comes amid the deadliest period of violence in the region in years.
Israelis have killed at least 42 Palestinians so far this year. At the same time, 10 Israelis were killed.
Dozens of leaders and senior officials from Arab and Islamic countries warned on Sunday that Israeli actions in the occupied West Bank could worsen regional unrest as violence between Israel and the Palestinians escalates.
Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas said Palestinians were facing a deadly attack in the occupied West Bank and occupied East Jerusalem and called on world leaders to stop Israel’s actions.
At the Arab League meeting, Abbas said, Israel’s plots and exercises crossed all red lines. The international community must protect the Palestinian people and take action to stop Israeli aggression.
Sources: Reuters, Al Jazeera